Entenmann's Light Fat-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
By Todd Wilbur
These chewy little fat-free cookies have become popular in recent years. And they taste pretty good considering there’s a zero the fat column. The sweetened condensed milk, molasses, and raisin puree helps give the cookies a delicious flavor along with the perfect chewy texture. Sweetened condensed milk can be found in a fat-free variety that Is made with skim milk, and raisin puree is easy to make in a blender.
Serving size–2 cookies
Calories per serving–120
Fat per serving–0g
Source: Top Secret Recipes Lite by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons raisin puree (see Tidbits)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup dry non-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- Do This
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until they form soft peaks. Add the sugar, a little bit at a time, while beating.
3. Add the condensed milk, vanilla, molasses, and raisin puree and beat until well combined.
4. Use a blender or food processor to grind the oats into coarse flour. Pulse the machine a few times to pulverize the oats, but don't grind too long. You still want to see some of the oats in the cookie.
5. Combine the ground oatmeal with the remaining ingredients, except for the raisins, in another bowl and mix by hand.
6. Pour the dry mixture into the wet. Mix by hand until well combined.
7. Add the raisins to the cookie dough, and mix once again by hand.
8. Drop the dough by the tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Form the cookies into circles, and press down on them to flatten a bit.
9. Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes or until they begin to turn slightly brown around the edges.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Tidbit: Make the raisin puree by combining 1/4 cup raisins with 1/2 cup water in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.