Menu Description: "Thinly sliced turkey, crisp bacon, lettuce and tomato on toasted white bread."
Get out your toothpicks, because you'll have a hard time keeping the slices of this triple-decker sandwich from falling apart when slicing the only way you slice a true club sandwich: from corner to corner. This trusty, old-fashioned club sandwich recipe seems like it's been around forever, and yet this sandwich is still one of the top choices from Denny's for lunch. One day you'll find yourself with some white bread, sliced turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo, and you'll realize you're just a Top Secret Recipe away from the secret stacking that will give you the perfect club sandwich.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 3 slices toasted white bread
- 4 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3 ounces sliced turkey breast (deli-sliced)
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 to 3 slices cooked bacon
- 2 tomato slices
- Do This
1. Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise on one side of each toasted white bread slice.
2. Arrange the turkey breast on one slice of toast.
3. Tear or fold one iceberg lettuce leaf to fit on the sliced turkey.
4. Stack on another slice of toast with the mayo side facing up.
5. Break 2 or 3 slices of cooked bacon to fit on top of the second slice of toast.
6. Tear or fold the second lettuce leaf to fit on top of bacon.
7. Arrange the two tomato slices to fit on the lettuce.
8. Top off the sandwich with the last piece of toast turned with the mayo-coated side facing down.
9. Pierce the sandwich with four toothpicks between the corners, so that when the sandwich is sliced from corner to corner, then the other way from corner to corner, with a serrated knife, the toothpicks wind up in the center of each of the four slices.
Makes 1 sandwich.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.