Denny's Cherry Cherry Limeade
By Todd Wilbur
Menu Description: "One part lime. Two parts cherry. All blended with ice-cold Sprite."
Denny's Fusion Favorites are creative drink mixes blended from the chain's soda fountain with a variety of added fruit flavors. The secret ingredients in these trademarked drinks are the flavored syrups dispensed from giant squirt bottles next to the soda machines, but I discovered that we can easily recreate these syrups using Kool-Aid drink mix powder. For this drink, that is the top choice on the Fusion Favorites menu, dissolve the Kool-Aid mix into a little lime juice for a cherry/lime syrup that can be stirred into a blend of Sprite and Minute-Maid lemonade. And if you want to significantly reduce the calories in this drink, use diet Sprite and light Minute-Maid lemonade and you can hardly tell the difference.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 3 by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 teaspoon cherry-flavored Kool-Aid drink mix (sweetened)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 cup cold Sprite lemon-lime soda
- 3/4 cup cold Minute-Maid lemonade
- Do This
1. Dissolve Kool-Aid mix in lime juice in a small bowl.
2. Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice.
3. Pour Sprite, lemonade, and cherry-lime mix into the glass. Add a straw and serve.
Makes one 16-ounce drink.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.