Board up the windows and tie down the patio furniture, then lay the grenadine and passion fruit juice into the bottom of your glass before adding the ice to clone a Tropical Storm. This is how to make a layered drink that absolutely does not suck.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 ounce passion fruit juice
- 1 ounce grenadine
- 1 ounce Malibu rum
- 1 ounce Myers's dark rum
- 1 ounce Bacardi light rum
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) sweet-and-sour mix
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) orange juice
- Splash Bacardi 151 rum
- Orange slice
- Maraschino cherry
1. Pour the passion fruit juice and grenadine into a 16-ounce glass. Add ice.
2. Pour the rums over the ice in the order listed. Add the sweet-and-sour mix and orange juice. Do not stir.
3. Float a splash of Bacardi 151 over the top of the drink.
4. Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry speared on a toothpick. Serve with a straw.
Makes 1 drink.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.