Tropical drinks are everywhere, with nearly every chain restaurant offering at least a few variations. If you're a single guy, though, you might want to drink them at home. Tall, fruity drinks like this one taste great and hit hard, but it's tough to look cool sipping a towering pink cocktail sporting a paper umbrella fruit garnish.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1/2 ounce Absolut vodka
- 1/2 ounce Bacardi Limon rum
- 1/2 ounce Midori liqueur
- 1/2 ounce peach schnapps
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) pineapple juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) orange juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) cranberry juice
- Splash Bacardi 151 rum
- Pineapple slice
- Maraschino cherry
- Paper umbrella
1. Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice.
2. Pour all ingredients over ice in the order listed.
3. Add a garnish of pineapple slice and maraschino cherry on a paper umbrella. Serve with a straw.
Makes 1 drink.
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.