The rums, Cointreau, and juices create an island flavor that anyone will love. This drink is named after its tendency to leave you passed out on the beach before applying sunscreen.
Get your drink on with more famous cocktail recipes here.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 1/4 ounces Captain Morgan spiced rum
- 3/4 ounce Myers dark rum
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) cranberry juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) pineapple juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) sweet-and-sour mix (see Tidbits)
- Maraschino cherry
1. Combine all ingredients in a shaker, shake, and pour into an ice-filled 16-ounce glass or mug.
2. Garnish with a maraschino cherry, add a straw, and serve.
Makes 1 drink.
Tidbits: You can easily make sweet & sour mix from scratch using my recipe here.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.