Chili's Guiltless Grill Guiltless Pasta Primavera
By Todd Wilbur
According to one Chili's spokesperson, "The Guiltless Grill selections are extremely popular. Guiltless Grill was a smash from the start." This clone recipe makes two huge dinner-size portions, just like the restaurant serves. The recipe should even be enough for three, perhaps four—if there's a big dessert coming.
Serving size–1 dinner sized portion
Calories per serving–600
Fat per serving–15g
Source: Top Secret Recipes Lite by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch garlic powder
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1-pound package penne pasta
- 4 quarts water
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 slice red onion, halved and separated
- 1/4 red bell peper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Do This
1. Prepare the chicken marinade by combining the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the chicken breast fillets to the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours. If you're in a hurry, you can get by with a minimum of four hours marinating time, although the flavors will not be as intense.
2. When the chicken is marinated, prepare the sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the diced tomato is soft, the onions are translucent, and the sauce thickens.
3. About 20 minutes before the sauce is done, prepare the penne pasta by bringing 4 quarts of water to a boil. Dump the penne into the water, stir, and cook for 11 to 15 minutes or until it is al dente, or tender but not soft. Drain.
4. As the pasta cooks, grill the chicken fillets on a preheated barbecue or indoor grill set to a high temperature for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done.
5. As the pasta and chicken cook, steam the vegetables in a steam basket over boiling water or in a steamer, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Salt and pepper the vegetables to taste.
6. Build the dish by arranging half of the pasta on a plate. Distribute half of the vegetables over the pasta and spoon the marinara sauce over the top. Slice a chicken fillet into bite-size pieces and arrange over the top of the pasta. Repeat for the second serving.
Makes 2 large dinner portions.