- New Recipes
- Chili's Guiltless Grill Guiltless Chicken Sandwich
Chili's Guiltless Grill Guiltless Chicken Sandwich
Here's another item that has been on Chili's Guiltless Grill menu from the start. It's a chicken sandwich that gets its sweet smoky flavor from the marinated chicken that is grilled over an open flame. The chicken is stacked on whole wheat buns with lettuce and tomato; and a tasty, yet simple-to-make honey mustard sauce is drizzled over the top. If your chicken fillets are too plump, just give'em a few whacks with a tenderizing mallet and rejoice in the extra calories you work off.
Serving size–1 sandwich
Calories per serving–378
Fat per serving–8g
Source: Top Secret Recipes Lite by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast fillets
Fat-Free Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 large tomato slices
1. Prepare the chicken marinade by combining the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the chicken fillets, cover, and refrigerate for several hours. Overnight is even better.
2. When the chicken has marinated, cook the fillets on a preheated barbecue or indoor grill set to a high temperature for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done.
3. While the chicken is grilling, make the fat-free dressing by mixing together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Build each sandwich by first stacking one-quarter of the lettuce on the bottom hamburger bun.
5. Stack the tomato slice on the lettuce.
6. Stack the chicken fillet on the tomato.
7. Cover each sandwich with the top bun and serve with the fat-free honey mustard dressing on the side.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.