Chili's Guiltless Grill Guiltless Chicken Salad
By Todd Wilbur
This salad was one of the first six selections offered when Chili's Guiltless Grill premiered on the chain's menu in 1993. You'll love the Southwestern flavors in this delicious and healthy salad clone. The marinated grilled chicken has a sweet, smoky taste, and the pico de gallo lends a nice zip to the dish. Top it all off with irresistible Southwest dressing and you'll have a meal-size salad that comes in at only 5 grams of fat.
Serving size–1 salad
Calories per serving–558
Fat per serving–5g
Find more copycat recipes of your favorite dishes from Chili's here.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Lite by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch garlic powder
- 2 chicken breast fillets
Low-Fat Southwest Dressing
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 2 teaspoons minced canned Ortega chili
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch thyme
- Pinch oregano
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
Pico De Gallo
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 cup diced Spanish onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup canned dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 green onions, diced (green part only)
- Do This
1. Make the chicken marinade by combining the ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the chicken fillets and marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients, except the sour cream, in a blender. Blend on low speed for about 15 seconds or until the onion is pulverized.
3. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and add the sour cream. Whisk until smooth. Cover and chill.
4. Prepare the pico de gallo by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
5. When you are ready to build the salads, cook the chicken fillets on a preheated barbecue or indoor grill set to high for 4 to 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
6. To build the salad, first toss the lettuces, cabbage, and shredded carrot together. Divide the lettuce mixture and arrange it on two plates.
7. Divide the sprouts and sprinkle them over the lettuce around the edge of each plate.
8. Divide the kidney beans and sprinkle them over the lettuce on each plate.
9. Divide the pico de gallo and sprinkle it over the top of the salads.
10. Divide the green onion and sprinkle it over the top of each of the salads.
11. Slice the chicken fillets into bite-size pieces and arrange over the top of each salad. Serve with the low-fat dressing on the side.
Makes 2 large entree salads.