Chevys Watermelon Fresh Fruit Margarita
By Todd Wilbur
Chevys is famous for margaritas made with fresh, pureed fruits. While these drinks usually come in blended form combined with house margarita mix right out of a machine, they are much better when ordered on the rocks. Here now is a clone of the most popular flavor, watermelon, made by simply pureeing some fresh melon in your blender. First cut some ripe seedless watermelon from the rind, and then coarsely smash it in a bowl with a potato masher or large fork (this gives the blender something to grab on to). Pour the melon from the bowl into a blender and blend on high speed for 10 seconds or until the watermelon is pureed.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 1/2 ounces El Jimador silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec liqueur
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) sweet-and-sour mix
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) pureed watermelon (seedless)
- Lime wedge
- Do This
1. Put a handful of ice into a shaker.
2. Add all ingredients and shake. Pour the drink over ice in a 10-ounce margarita glass.
3. Garnish with a lime wedge on a toothpick and serve.
Makes 1 drink.