This one gets its name from the look of the Chambord that's added to the glass after the drink is mixed. Drizzled on top of the drink, the tasty raspberry liqueur serpentines in slow-mo to the bottom of the glass. Since the drink is served layered, instruct your designated drinker to stir before sipping, or get a mouthful of lava.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 1/2 ounces Sauza Conmemorativo tequila anejo
- 1/2 ounce triple sec liqueur
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour mix
- 1/2 ounce Chambord liqueur
- Salt around the rim
- Lime wedge
- Do This
1. Put a handful of ice into a shaker.
2. Add tequila, triple sec, and sweet-and-sour mix to the shaker, shake, then pour the drink into a 12-ounce margarita glass (add salt around the rim of the glass first if you want it).
3. Drizzle Chambord into the glass, add a lime wedge on a toothpick, add a straw, and serve.
Makes 1 drink.