It's like eating a key lime pie, except there's no crust, it looks like a martini, and you're drinking it. For the whipped cream in this recipe be sure to use the canned kind with a nozzle top. Estimate about a cup's worth into the shaker with everything else and shake it up real good.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 1/2 ounces Vox vodka
- 1/2 ounce Midori liqueur
- 1/2 ounce white creme de cacao liqueur
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 cup canned whip cream (nozzle top)
- Sugar for rim
- Whole lime slice
1. Chill a martini glass by filling it with ice and water.
2. Add all the ingredients into a shaker, along with a handful of ice, and shake well.
3. Remove ice and water from the martini glass, then moisten just half of the rim of the glass and dip it into sugar.
4. Strain drink into the glass, and add a lime slice to the sugared side of the rim (so that the drink is sipped from the unsugared edge), and serve.
Makes 1 drink.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.