Get vertical with these two top secret breakfasts-in-sandwich from the world's number-two fast food chain. A great way to make the eggs for these breakfast sandwiches is to pour the beaten egg into a well-greased mold made from an empty pineapple can. Just cut both ends off an 8-ounce pineapple can—you know, the short cans that have the crushed or sliced pineapple inside. Then, before you know it, you'll be making perfectly round eggs like the fast food pros.
Source: Even More Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 small can (5 biscuits) Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
- Melted butter
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 5 large eggs
- 10 ounces ground breakfast sausage breakfast sausage
- or 10 slices of bacon
- 5 slices American cheese.
- 1 8-ounce can Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- 4 eggs
- Ground black pepper
- 8 ounces ground breakfast sausage
- or 8 slices bacon
- 4 slices American cheese
- Do This
1. Prepare biscuits following instructions on the can (bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes). When you remove the biscuits from the oven brush the top of each with melted butter.
2. Spray a skillet over medium heat with non-stick cooking spray. Open both ends of a clean, small, sliced pineapple can. Spray the inside of the empty can with the non-stick spray, and then place the can in the pan to heat up. Use more than one can if you'd like to speed up the process.
3. Beat an egg, then pour it into the empty can mold, add a bit of salt and pepper, and cover with a saucepan lid. Cook for a couple minutes, then scrape a knife around the edge of the egg to release it. Remove the can, then turn the egg over and cook it for another minute or two. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
4. If using sausage, form 2-ounce portions of sausage into patties with the same diameter as the biscuits. Cook the sausage in another hot skillet over medium heat until brown. If using bacon, cook the bacon and drain on paper towels.
5. Slice a biscuit in half through the middle. Build each sandwich by first stacking egg on the bottom half of the biscuit. Next arrange sausage (or 2 slices of bacon) on the egg, then a slice of American cheese. Top off each sandwich with the top biscuit half, then zap it in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds to help melt the cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Makes 5 sandwiches.
1. Prepare the rolls by first unrolling the dough out of the can. Separate the dough into four sections, each made up of two triangles. Detach the triangles by tearing along the diagonal perforation, then reattach the dough along the outside parallel edges, pinching the dough together along the middle. This will make one bigger triangle. Loosely roll the dough, starting from the wide end, all the way up. Now, bring the ends around so that they overlap and the roll is in the shape of a circle. Press the ends together and place the roll onto a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, then bake the following directions on the package (bake at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes).
2. When the rolls are done baking build the sandwich using steps 2 though 5 in the recipe for the biscuit sandwich clone.
Makes 4 sandwiches.