Bennigan's Irish Coffee
Time for the ultimate Irish coffee recipe from the country's favorite Irish-themed chain restaurant to warm you up. It looks great with green creme de menthe drizzled over the whipped cream, and it's topped off with a cherry hat.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 ounce Jameson Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua liqueur
- 10 ounces hot coffee
- Whipped cream
- Splash creme de menthe
- Maraschino cherry
1. Pour the whiskey and Kahlua into a coffee cup.
2. Add coffee to the top of the cup.
3. Squirt a big pile of whipped cream on top of the coffee.
4. Drizzle creme de menthe over the whipped cream.
5. Garnish with a cherry on top of the whipped cream and serve.
Makes 1 drink.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.