I found this Applebee's concoction to be an accommodating TV viewing companion. The combination of tequilas, juices and syrups serve in a chilled martini glass is a refreshing recreation of the classic tequila sunrise, and it never wants to change the channel.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 1/4 ounces 1800 Silver tequila
- 1/4 ounce 1800 Reposado tequila
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (see Tidbits)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces sweet-and-sour mix
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- Maraschino cherry
- Do This
1. Fill a 10-ounce martini glass with ice and add cold water to chill the glass.
2. Drop a handful of ice into a shaker. Add tequilas, simple syrup, lime juice, sweet-and-sour, and orange juice. Shake well.
3. Dump ice water out of the glass and strain the drink into it.
4. Drop a maraschino cherry into the drink and serve it up with the grenadine on the side in a shot glass.
Tidbits: Make simple syrup by combining equal parts hot water and granulated sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Allow syrup to cool before using. Simple.
Makes 1 drink.
I'm Todd Wilbur,
Chronic Food Hacker
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.