You’ll need a cocktail shaker for this one. If you want to serve it up the same way as in the restaurant you need a small martini glass. You’ll also need some simple syrup to sweeten the drink. You can buy it or make your own by mixing two parts sugar to one part boiling water. You’ll have some leftover ingredients for an additional serving if you like. And once you taste this, you’ll like.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, and Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/4 ounces Cuervo 1800 Anejo tequila
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 3/4 ounce Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) sweet-and-sour mix
- Margarita salt
- Lime wedge
- Do This
1. Put ice in a shaker, followed by the tequila, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, and 1 ounce of fresh lime juice. Add 1 ounce of simple syrup and 6 ounces (3/4 cup) of sweet-and-sour mix to the shaker. Shake well.
2. Salt the rim of a martini glass by moistening the rim and inverting the glass onto a plate of salt. Spear a lime wedge and olive with a toothpick and drop it in the glass. Pour the drink into the glass through a strainer, and serve the cocktail with the rest of the drink in the shaker on the side.