Applebee's Perfect Apple Margarita
By Todd Wilbur
Here's a great twist on the traditional margarita. Sour apple schnapps and apple juice join forces with tequila and sweet-and-sour mix in a martini glass that's rimmed with cinnamon sugar. Hey, it's like drinking apple pie! This recipe makes one drink, but it's easy to double up. That's a good thing, since it seems like one is never enough.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur.
This recipe is available in
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ounce Sauza Hornitos tequila
- 1 ounce Dekyper Sour Apple Pucker schnapps
- 2 ounces sweet-and-sour mix
- 2 ounces cold apple juice
- Lime wedge
- Do This
1. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl, then pour the mixture onto a saucer or small plate. Moisten a napkin or clean towel with water. Run the wet napkin around the rim of the martini glass. Invert the glass and dip the moistened rim into the cinnamon/sugar. Set the glass aside for now.
2. Drop a handful of ice into a cocktail shaker.
3. Add the tequila, schnapps, sweet-and-sour, and apple juice. Shake vigorously.
4. Pour the drink into the prepared martini glass, spear an olive and small lime wedge on a toothpick and drop it in the drink, and serve it up along with the shaker if there's any left over in there.