The blue curacao is drizzled over the top of the white frozen pina colada-like drink, then it sinks down the inside of the glass with groovy lava lamp flair.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 cup ice
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) pina colada mix
- 1 1/2 ounces peach schnapps
- 1/2 ounce blue curacao liqueur
- 1 pineapple slice
- 1 pineapple leaf
1. Combine one cup of ice with the pina colada mix and peach schnapps in a blender. Blend on high speed until the ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.
2. Pour the drink into a white wine glass.
3. Invert a spoon just over the rim of the drink. Carefully pour 1/2 ounce of blue curacao over the back of the spoon so that it floats on top of the drink. The blue stuff will slowly sink down into the drink. You can trip out on this for a while, but don't go too long since we still need to garnish.
4. Slice halfway into a fresh pineapple slice and display it on the rim of the glass. Add a pineapple leaf into the top of the drink, if you've got it, then add a straw and serve.
Makes 1 drink.
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.