The chicken chain’s seasonal milkshake made with chips of peppermint and chocolate is only available November through January each year, but what if you’re craving one in March? Or what if it’s Sunday and you can’t get your favorite shake because that’s when every Chick-fil-A is closed?
Now you can make Chick-fil-A Peppermint Chip Milkshake at home in the few minutes it takes to smash some candy canes and turn on a blender. Use a small storage bag and a kitchen mallet or handle of a butter knife to smash the peppermint candy into small crumbs, then combine those with dark chocolate bits, ice cream, milk, flavoring, and color, and you’ll be sipping on a perfect copy of the famous shake in under 5 minutes.
Oh, don’t forget the whipped cream and a cherry.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candy canes or hard candy
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dark chocolate bar or chips (50% to 60% cacao)
- Canned whipped cream
- Maraschino cherry
1. Combine the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. If too thick, add a little more milk.
2. When the shake is smooth add the crushed candy canes and dark chocolate. Blend for just 5 seconds to break up the candy a bit, but not too much. Immediately pour the milkshake into a 16-ounce glass, then add whipped cream, a cherry, and a straw.
Makes 1 (16-ounce) drink.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.