Here's a refreshing warm weather (or any weather!) cocktail that’s considered one of Cheddar's signature drinks. It's served in a huge 18-ounce schooner glass, but you can use any glass that will hold 18-ounces of liquid goodness. For the strawberries, find them in the freezer section and get kind that are frozen in sweet syrup, and let them thaw out before you measure. Be sure to include lots of the syrup when you measure the strawberries to help mellow the tart juice from the two lemon wedges.
- 1 1/2 ounces Tito's Vodka
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) sweet-and-sour mix
- 1/4 cup frozen frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- Juice of 2 lemon wedges
- Lemon wedge
2. Pour the ice from the glass into a cocktail shaker. Add the vodka, sweet-and-sour mix, strawberries (with syrup), and the juice from 2 lemon wedges. Discard the wedges. Cover the shaker and invert it a couple of times then pour the drink into the glass.
3. Add an additional wedge of lemon to the drink, plus a straw, and serve.
For 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.