- New Recipes
- AriZona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey
AriZona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey
Hard to believe it takes only one regular-size green tea bag to make this entire 2-quart clone of the popular Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey in the foam green bottles. Find the liquid ginseng for this recipe in your local health food store. Be sure to get American ginseng if you can, since the Chinese stuff can taste pretty rank.
Find more famous drink recipes here.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 2 quarts (8 cups) water
- 1 Lipton green tea bag (regular size)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginseng extract
1. Heat water in a large saucepan until it boils. Turn off the heat, put the tea bag in the water, then cover the pan and let the tea steep for 1 hour.
2. Pour the sugar and honey into a 2-quart pitcher. Pour the tea into the pitcher and stir to dissolve the sugar.
3. Add lemon juice and ginseng and stir. Chill and serve.
Makes 2 quarts.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.