Ah, Alize. The chilled blend of cognac and fruit makes magic with pina colada mix in this take on a chain specialty.
Souce: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
Pina Colada Mix
- 1 1/3 cup cream of coconut (one 15-ounce can)
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 3 ounces Alize Red Passion
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) pina colada mix
- 1 cup ice
- Pineapple slice
1. Combine ingredients for pina colada mix in a pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until ice is crushed and drink is smooth.
3. Pour into 14-ounce glass. Add a splash of Alize to the top of the drink.
4. Garnish with a pineapple slice on the rim of the glass, and serve with straw.
Makes 1 drink.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.