- New Recipes
- Restaurant Recipes
- K - O
- Melting Pot
- Melting Pot Ginger Plum Sauce
Melting Pot Ginger Plum Sauce
It would have been great to find a brand-name plum sauce that is a perfect match to the ginger plum sauce served at The Melting Pot, but after trying several popular brands, none of them was quite right. The sauce that came the closest is made by Lee Kum Kee, and I found the best solution was to use that bottled sauce as a base and transform it into a clone by adding a few other ingredients.
You'll find that this sweet-and-sour sauce tastes delicious on your fondue-cooked shrimp and chicken.
Find out how to hack the chain's delicious signature cooking style here: Melting Pot Coq Au Vin Fondue.
- 3/4 cup (one 9.2-ounce jar) Lee Kum Kee plum sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Makes 1¼ cups.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.