Outback Steakhouse Coral Reef 'Rita
A mildly fruity on-the-rocks margarita is powerful ammunition in any home bartender's arsenal of party cocktails. I like tequila. Tequila is my friend. But watch yourself. My Outback Steakhouse Coral Reef margarita recipe is simple, and If you get to the bottom of too many of these tasty pink drinks, you might feel like a used piñata in the morning.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 1/4 ounces Margaritaville gold tequila (1 shot)
- 3/4 ounce triple sec
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) cup sweet-and-sour mix
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) cranberry juice
- 3/4 ounce Grand Marnier
- Margarita salt (for rim of glass)
- Wedge of lime
1. If you want salt on the rim of your glass, moisten the rim of a 16-ounce mug (or glass) and dip it in margarita salt.
. To make the drink, fill the glass with ice.
3. Add the tequila, triple sec, then some sweet-and-sour mix and cranberry juice (in equal amounts—about 1/3 cup each should do it) to within a half-inch of the top of the glass. Stir.
4. Splash a half shot of Grand Marnier over the top of the drink.
5. Add a wedge of lime and serve with a straw.
Makes 1 serving.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.