- New Recipes
- Restaurant Recipes
- K - O
- Olive Garden
- Olive Garden Alfredo Pasta and Sauce
Olive Garden Alfredo Pasta and Sauce
Here's my new Olive Garden fettuccine Alfredo recipe improved from my first attempt in Top Secret Restaurant Recipes that includes more grated Parmesan cheese and fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. You'll find my improved Alfredo sauce recipe thickens easier and has a better taste. Just be sure not to crank the heat up too high when simmering the sauce or it could break, resulting in a not-so-creamy, curdled Alfredo.
Also check out my copycat Olive Garden toasted ravioli recipe!
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 12-ounce box fettuccine pasta
- (or your choice of pasta)
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
2. Add the garlic, cream, pepper and salt, and bring mixture to a simmer. Turn the heat down if the mixture reaches a rapid boil or it could boil over. You just want a simmer. Add the cheese, and continue to simmer the sauce for 8 minutes or until thick.
3. While the sauce cooks, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook pasta for about 12 minutes or until done, then drain it.
4. Spoon pasta onto serving plates with Alfredo sauce poured over the top.
Makes 2 to 3 large servings.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.