- New Recipes
- Restaurant Recipes
- F - J
- Joe's Stone Crab
- Joe's Stone Crab Garlic Creamed Spinach
Joe's Stone Crab Garlic Creamed Spinach
Creamy garlic spinach the Joe's Stone Crab way is a simple preparation. Two boxes of frozen, chopped spinach and a few other ingredients are all you'll need to re-create this awesome dish. The ground nutmeg is the secret addition that sets this creamed spinach apart from other chains.
Try my Joe's Stone Crab creamed spinach recipe below, and click here for more of my recipes from Joe's Stone Crab.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 3 by Todd Wilbur.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 10-ounce boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and heat for about 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half.
2. Squeeze the water out of the thawed spinach and add the spinach to the saucepan. Add salt, nutmeg, and black pepper and simmer for 20 minutes on medium/low heat. Spinach will be tender when done.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.