- New Recipes
- Restaurant Recipes
- A - E
- Chevys Garlic Mashed Potatoes Fat-Free
Chevys Garlic Mashed Potatoes Fat-Free
Everyone seems to love these delicious mashed potatoes at the "Fresh Mex" Mexican Food chain. Sure, mashed potatoes may seem like a healthy side dish, but when the traditional recipe includes cream and butter, it's easy to consume more than just a few grams of fat in one small serving.
My fat-crushing Chevys garlic mashed potatoes recipe proves that these spuds don't have to include fat to taste good.
You can find my recipe for the original Chevys Garlic Mashed Potatoes here.
Serving size–1 1/4 cups
Calories per serving–285 (Original–338)
Fat per serving–0g (Original–9g)
Source: Low-Fat Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fat-free butter-flavored spread
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 to 4 cloves)
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Bake the potatoes by first spraying them with oil cooking spray and then baking them in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until they are tender. Cool.
3. Remove about half of the skin and mash the potatoes. Leave the rest of the skin in.
4. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add the garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes and remaining ingredients to the pan and cook for 5 to 10 minutes while stirring often until the mashed potatoes are very hot.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original copycat recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.
Totino's Pizza Rolls
Monthly TSR Club