- New Recipes
- Restaurant Recipes
- A - E
- Applebee's Bananaberry Split
Applebee's Bananaberry Split
The secret to re-creating many of Applebee’s drinks is to stay away from the bottled cocktail mixers and make your own from scratch. The recipe for the pina colada mix is a simple 2-to-1 ratio of pineapple juice to cream of coconut. You’ll be making two drinks here, so have a companion ready.
Source: Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits & Shakes by Todd Wilbur.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 10-ounce box frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3 ounces Captain Morgan spiced rum
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup pina colada mix
- 2 fresh whole strawberries
- Whipped cream
1. Cut an end off each banana—set these smaller pieces aside to use as a garnish later—then put the rest of the bananas into a blender.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until the ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.
3. Pour the drinks into two stemmed drink glasses—such as daiquiri glasses—and add a banana piece and fresh strawberry to the rim of each glass. Add a dollop of whipped cream on top of each drink and serve with a straw.
Makes 2 drinks.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original copycat recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.
Monthly TSR Club