- New Recipes
- Brand-Name Recipes
- F - J
- Jacquin's Peppermint Schnapps Liqueur
Jacquin's Peppermint Schnapps Liqueur
Use my Jacquin's peppermint schnapps liqueur recipe below to re-create the delicious minty schnapps at home. All you need is four ingredients, including inexpensive vodka, and an empty bottle to store it in.
Isn't making booze at home fun? Check out my recipes for Grand Marnier, Amaretto and Bailey's Irish Cream.
Source: Top Secret Recipes Unlocked by Todd Wilbur.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- One 16-ounce bottle light corn syrup
- 2 cups 80-proof vodka
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1. Combine the sugar and corn syrup in a 2-quart pan and place over medium heat. Heat until sugar dissolves, stirring regularly, about 5 minutes.
2. When the sugar has dissolved, remove the mixture from the heat, add the vodka, and cover it tightly with a lid. Let it cool down before you take the lid off.
3. When the liquid has cooled down, add the peppermint extract and pour it all into a sealable bottle.
Makes 4 cups.
For over 30 years I've been deconstructing America's most iconic brand-name foods to make the best original clone recipes for you to use at home. Welcome to my lab.